Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What's New

Well, hi there......I know it's been a while but wanted to check in to let you know that I'm still here and kicking. Grandpa is doing good with his Leukemia treatment and feeling pretty perky. Can't ask for any more than that for him. His brother, Sterling, and wife, Kathy, were here last week visiting and we had such a great time! Kathy and I laughed so much that my asthma was aggravated, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. It felt so good to forget....at least for a while.....the journey Grandpa and I have started dealing with his illness. I am truly blessed having such a wonderful sister-in-law to talk to who knows where I'm at right now. Her first husband died of cancer, so needless to say, she can relate to how I'm feeling and what is going through my mind right now. She KNOWS. Not only that, she is blunt and will tell you the way it is. She does not sugarcoat anything. But, she has such compassion and understanding that I really think God sent her and Sterling to visit us when He knew we needed them. I actually got tears in my eyes saying goodbye to them. I didn't want to let go of knowing that she was here to talk to, but I know she is only a phone call away. Also, I think it was good for Grandpa to be able to spend time with one of his brothers. In fact, their visit has prompted us into looking into taking a trip up north in early December. There are so many other siblings he could see, not to mention his Mom. On my side, I would get to visit with my Mom and best of all, visit with Becky and her family.

So, we are looking into it. We would fly up, rent a car, and visit as many people as we can. I hope we can do it. It also depends on Grandpa's health and chemo schedule. But, we're really going to try and do it. Flying would be faster and in December, we would avoid any bad winter weather we might have to drive through traveling to Wisconsin. Of course, there's always the chance of flight being cancelled or delayed....but ya don't know unless you try.



Will keep ya'all posted on our plans and if we make it happen.

Me


No comments:

Post a Comment